Banana Bread is one of the easiest cakes to make. Ever. No Seriously it is.
Basic ingredients, maximum taste and zero guilt. Incredibly moist, perfectly delicious, the same great taste just a healthier version.
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 80g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 80g porridge oats or gluten free oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g pecans (or other nuts), chopped
- 1 banana, sliced lengthways (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the bananas to a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the eggs, cooled melted butter, and vanilla and stir well.
- Add the almond flour, oats, pinch of salt, baking powder, stir well.
- Add the pecans and stir lightly.
- Place the banana on top (if using), inside facing up.
- Bake for 40mins or until golden on top.
Awsum Tip: Why not add in a handful of sultanas, nuts or choc drops before pouring the mixture into the tin. (If you do, increase the cooking time by 5–10 minutes.)